CA State Certificate of Achievement as an Educational Technology Specialist PLUS 12 Quarter Units from Foothill College
The MERIT (Making Education Relevant through Innovative Teaching) program has been KCI’s premier professional learning program since 2002. MERIT is a research-based, professional learning program designed to help educators bolster their curriculum with new teaching methodologies and technology-enhanced learning activities to motivate, challenge, and inspire the diverse learners and leaders of the future.
MERIT scholars are perpetually curious, driven, and have a hearty growth-mindset.
They take risks and dial into innovative trends, tools, and experiences that empower their local community. They embrace personal and professional agency and design inclusive and responsive learning environments as models for other educators.
- Grant-funded professional learning – We keep educator’s budgets in mind.
- Cohort-based Learning Model – Connect with an intimate group of educators impacting change right alongside each other.
- Job-Embedded – Develop materials and projects you can use with your learners right now.
- Community – Join a supportive, mentor-based community of like-minded individuals.
Is this program right for you?
- Are you a curious classroom educator ready to uncover the innovative power or educational technology for you and your learners?
- Are you an innovative school leader impacting extensive change and adoption in the area of educational technology?
- Are you part of a site or district team looking to effect large-scale organizational growth for other instructors and educators?
TBD for 2024-2025
Sarah WilliamsMTSS Teacher on Special AssignmentSarah Williams is the Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) Teacher on Special Assignment at Union School District in San Jose, California. Her role is to support MTSS and PBIS implementation throughout the district. She is also a Santa Cruz/Silicon Valley New Teacher Project induction mentor for the district. She believes school should be an inclusive…
Misty KluesnerCreativity and Design Learning Experience DesignerMisty is a creative and innovative educator with demonstrated experience in crafting quality learning experiences for both children and adults. She is passionate about integrating creativity and technology into daily classroom learning. Currently, she is a Learning Designer and Design Thinking Coach at the Campbell School of Innovation, where she has created a new elective…
Kim RandallProfessional Learning FacilitatorKim Randall, a global educational technology consultant, works with professional learning organizations including the Krause Center for Innovation, providing relevant and engaging training centered around effective use and pedagogy of educational technologies in the classroom.