CA State Certificate of Achievement as a STEAM Instructional Leader PLUS 12 Quarter Units from Foothill College
The STEAM Leadership program is designed for pre-service teachers and educators or all levels at any level who want to grow as STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) leaders in their schools, districts, and/or counties. The program focuses on two topics: STEAM and DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion).
These topics are explored through integrated units and portfolio work. Program participants are invited to select, design, and implement multiple projects ranging from integrated STEAM Units to Genius Hour projects to site or district PD plans that integrate STEAM and DEI. Under the guidance of our program instructors, participants will dive into a variety of book studies focused on DEI principles, empowering readers to think critically about community outreach, social-emotional learning, and instructional materials.
- Equity-Driven Leadership – Learn from instructional leaders who dedicate their time to advocacy and empowerment of all learners.
- Grant-funded Professional Learning – We keep educator’s budgets in mind.
- Project-Based Instructional Design – We encourage participants to choose their paths of learning that deepen their areas of interest, passion, and impact.
- Community – Join a supportive, mentor-based community of like-minded individuals.
Is this program right for you?
- Are you a passionate, equity-driven educator?
- Are you looking to integrate STEAM content into your curriculum with meaning and purpose?
- Are you hoping to dial into the landscape of your local community and lead change from the inside out?
- Are you looking for ways to sharpen your leadership skills to reach your diverse learners?
Four follow-up days TBD for 2023-2024 School Year (2 in Fall Quarter and 2 in Winter Quarter)
Cristina BustamanteEducator and Coach
Ed CamposMathletic Performance
Sabrina McDaniel6th grade elementary school teacher