What is the Online and Blended IMPACT Program?
The Online and Blended IMPACT (Instructors Magnifying Potential and Cultivating Transformation) program is designed for current and pre-service K-14 educators, administrators, TOSA's and trainers. Participants who complete the program will earn 15 quarter units of coursework and become California State Certified as an Online and Blended Instructor.
- Low-cost with teacher budgets in mind
- Short time commitment- finish in under 6 months
- Develop materials that you can use right now
- Supportive community of like-minded educators
Spring 2021 Cohort At-A-Glance
Please see the Frequently Asked Questions below for more details.
- Start Date: March 1, 2021
- End Date: June 25, 2021
- Location: Online (asynchronous, with synchronous meetings)
- Live Class Meetings: Tuesday evenings, dates TBD
- Cost: $1125 ($75/unit)
- Result: CA State Certificate of Achievement
The program provides 15 continuing education units over two Foothill College quarters and provides answers to some of the most essential questions being asked by teachers right now:
- How do I communicate with students and families to support my learners?
- How do I design authentic assessments in an online environment?
- How do I keep students engaged in a virtual setting?
- How do I prevent students from falling through the cracks?
- How do I maintain my own mental health while supporting so many others?
- How do I keep assignments and resources organized and accessible to students?
- How do I prioritize equity in online education?
- How do I make the most out of synchronous learning time with students?
- How do I establish a sense of presence in my virtual classroom?
- How do I know which tools and resources to use to meet learning goals?
- How do I develop a network of supportive peers who can help me on this journey?
Frequently Asked Questions
FIND OUT MORE