What is the Online and Blended Instruction Certificate?
The Certificate of Achievement in Online and Blended Instruction is designed for educators who are looking to improve their pedagogical and technical skills in both distance learning and in-person 1:1 classroom environments.
The program provides 15 continuing education units over two Foothill College quarters and provides answers to some of the most essential questions being asked by teachers right now.
- Low-cost with teacher budgets in mind
- Short time commitment- finish in under 6 months
- Develop materials that you can use right now
- Supportive community of like-minded educators
The inaugural cohort of this program will begin in Fall 2020, completing 8 units of coursework between October and December. Classes will be held entirely online with an additional four synchronous virtual meetings to take place on select Tuesday evenings. The online coursework is asynchronous and intentionally flexible in order to accommodate a variety of schedules. In the Winter, participants will continue their learning journey, completing the remaining 7 units between January and March.
- How do I communicate with students and families to support my learners?
- How do I design authentic assessments in an online environment?
- How do I keep students engaged in a virtual setting?
- How do I prevent students from falling through the cracks?
- How do I maintain my own mental health while supporting so many others?
- How do I keep assignments and resources organized and accessible to students?
- How do I make the most out of synchronous learning time with students?
- How do I establish a sense of presence in my virtual classroom?
- How do I know which tools and resources to use to meet learning goals?
- How do I develop a network of supportive peers who can help me on this journey?
Frequently Asked Questions
FIND OUT MORE