Search Post

Post Categories

Post Tags

Post Authors

Give The Gift of Innovation to California Educators

November 14, 2021

GivingTuesday is a “global generosity movement unleashing the power of radical generosity.” (GivingTuesday, 2021). This movement was started back in 2012 and is centered around a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Since its origin, GivingTuesday has developed into a year-round global initiative that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, work together, and celebrate generosity and kindness.

What Does Giving Mean to KCI?

The Krause Innovation Center is dependent on generous donors in order to support the continuing development of educators across the state of California and beyond. College and state funding covers only 20% of KCI’s budget. The remaining 80% comes from the generosity of donors. Donations to KCI support educators who embrace innovation at the core of their instructional program and also empower them to bring energy, passion, and creativity into their learning spaces—ultimately impacting their students and the future of education. Donations also go toward supporting educators pursuing state certificates in the following programs: [maker]SPACE Program, Online and Blended Learning IMPACT Program, MERIT Program, STEAM Leadership Program, and ELLI Program.

Every gift innovates a classroom one teacher at a time. For example, a donation of $150 sponsors one California-based educator in a 1-unit continuing education class or workshop. Similarly, a $750 donation covers tuition and registration for one participant to complete a state certificate in tech education. But the innovation doesn’t stop there – donations to KCI also covers teaching support staff in KCI’s Makerspace, professional learning workshops, and additional certificate programs for California educators.

Teacher empowerment begins with your donation! KCI is one of the few institutions in the state of California with the resources, passion, and expertise to address multi-layer challenges in education. Making a difference in this cause is worth it. Will you be part of it this GivingTuesday?

Give the gift of innovation and help empower an educator today. For more information and to get involved, explore our “Donate” page today!

Share Post

Post Author